Malta is a very attractive location for private residence. The island nation enjoys a stable political climate and is strategically located, with excellent air links. The Malta Permanent Residency Program (MPRP) is a direct permanent residency program based on investments in property and government contributions. It offers non-Maltese persons the possibility of acquiring an EU residence card that offers visa-free travel within Europe’s Schengen Area. With the following benefits, MPRP stands out among other programs in Europe.
Malta Permanent Residency Program Benefits
- EU residence card granting visa-free travel across
- Europe’s Schengen Area
- Right to reside indefinitely in Malta
- Five years’ permanent residence, renewable indefinitely
- Investment required only for first five years
- No stay requirement
- Family members included
Malta Permanent Residency Program
• You must be a citizen of non-EU, non-EEA, and non-Swiss.
• One should have regular & stable financial resources, sufficient to maintain themselves and their family.
• One must have a minimum net worth of Euro 500,000 out of which a minimum of €150,000 must be financial assets.
• Medically fit individuals and have must not have any criminal record.
• Non-refundable administrative fee of €40,000.
• Rent a property for a minimum of €10,000 in the South of Malta/Gozo or €12,000 in the rest of Malta; or purchase a property for a minimum value of €300,000 in the South of Malta/Gozo or €350,000 in the rest of Malta.
• Government contribution of €28,000 if purchasing a property or €58,000 if leasing a property.
• Pay an additional €7,500 for each additional adult dependent (except for the spouse).
• hold the qualifying property for a minimum period of 5 years after which a residential address is required;
• Donation Contribution of €2,000 in designated parties/organizations.
• Medical insurance policy of covers all risks across Malta & Schengen.