United Kingdom

You can apply to come to the UK as a representative of an overseas business if you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland. The earliest you can apply is 3 months before you travel. You should make a decision within 3 weeks if applied from outside the UK. You can come to the UK for an initial period of 3 years and you may be able to extend your visa for another 2 years. After you’ve been in the UK for 5 years, you can apply for permission to settle permanently in the UK.

Basic Requirements:

  • The sole representative of an overseas company planning to set up a UK branch or a wholly-owned subsidiary for an overseas parent company.
  • Hold a senior position within the company (but not be a major shareholder) and have full authority to make decisions on its behalf.
  • Have extensive related industry experience and knowledge.
  • You may also be eligible if the company has a legal entity in the UK that does not employ staff or transact business.
  • If your company has been working to establish a UK branch or subsidiary, but it is not yet set up, you can replace a previous sole representative.
  • As an employee of an overseas newspaper, news agency, or broadcasting organization, you can come to the UK if you’re being posted here on a long-term assignment.
  • A current passport or other valid travel identification.
  • Evidence that you can support yourself and any dependents during your trip, for example, bank statements or pay slips for the last 6 months.
  • Details of where you’ll be staying during your stay.
  • Proof that you meet the English requirement.
  • Your tuberculosis test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test.
  • Your job description, employment contract, and salary details.
  • A letter confirming you’re familiar with the company and have the power to make operational decisions.
  • Will be working full time for the company for the duration of your stay and will not carry out any other work

Other Business Visa

Want to Schedule an Appointment?